Russell has 20+ years of consulting and industry experience in the design and execution of corporate strategies, product marketing plans and business development programs to capitalize on industry evolutions, emerging market trends and technology advances. He has delivered strong revenue, profit, market share and corporate/shareholder value for private equity backed start-ups, rapid-growth and transitional enterprises, as well as Fortune 500 corporations in communications, media and high tech industries.
Russell has consulting experience for: Coopers & Lybrand Strategic Management Services, Accenture’s Strategic Services, and MarketBridge – all focusing on marketing and business strategy for communications and high technology clients. He has also held senior-level industry positions with Fortune 500 and mid-market companies including CSX Fiber Networks, and espire Communications prior to joining MBFC.
He earned his MBA at the University of Virginia’s Darden School and graduated with a B.S. degree in Systems Engineering from University of Virginia, along with a Minor concentration in Information Systems from McIntire School of Commerce at University of Virginia.
Select examples of his transactional, valuation, and marketing experiences include:
- Participated with fellow executives planning, negotiating, and completing a management-led buyout of +$20 million CSX Fiber Network, a business unit of CSX Corp, a major US rail operator
- Authored a 1st place winning Confidential Information Memorandum for CFN Services’ entry into FundingPost’s 2005 Pitching Across America™ competition. Brought the company widespread publicity and recognition among the venture capital community nationwide
- Retained to conduct an acquisition search and perform prospect valuation on behalf of a Canadian communications seeking to enter the US market
- Assisted a global M&A and securities underwriting leader in demand forecasting, service benchmarking and valuation analysis during privatization of 2 state-owned telecommunications companies in Central America and the Caribbean
- Designed and trademarked a single-rate long-distance product (EZ LD), which was widely copied in the competitive local exchange industry. Drove 37% 1st month sales increase, and 15% overall 1st year sales growth.
His areas of specialization include:
- Marketing & Business Development – Developing market-leading, competitive value propositions, “go-to-market” campaigns, and product/service development and commercialization programs.
- Business Strategy & Corporate Development – Driving forward one-of-a-kind ventures and business models through excellence in planning, communications and facilitation of M&A, strategic partnerships, and corporate contracts.
- Team Building & Organizational Leadership – Creating high performing integrated marketing, communications, brand management and product development/management teams.