As long as there are cars on the road, there will be a need for auto repair businesses. If you are thinking about buying an auto repair business, there are quite a few different types of specialized services to consider. You can specialize in just one or several different major services, from mechanical repair to collision repair to foreign car repair or even oil change and lube services. Researching the competition and demographics will help you choose what services would be the best fit for the market. The industry is comprised of franchises, chains and independent shops.
Auto repair customers rely heavily on the technical knowledge, experience and trust in their choice of which auto repair business to use, therefore having well trained and certified repair technicians is an important factor to consider. ASE Certification is the most common nationally recognized quality assurance certification to make available to your staff.
Auto Repair and Maintenance Key Factors:
- Auto Repair demand is independent of the economy
- Newer technology means more costly repairs
- Newer technology also means more costly diagnostic and repair equipment for the shop
- Auto Repair services can include mechanical repair, body/collision repair and/or oil/lube.
- Over the next 5 years, growth is expected to increase at an average rate of 3% per year.