- Self-employed for over 28 years
- Former independent Financial Advisor (licensed series 7 & 66) specializing in financial planning and portfolio investment allocation for small businesses and professionals. (2000 – 2010)
- Start-up company 1986 - Became the largest independent security company in western Oregon. The company specialized in custom home & business security systems. Sold in 1999 to one of the largest alarm monitoring companies in the US.
- Developed, patented and marketed a device used in the security industry. Improved efficiencies and greatly reduced labor costs in security system installations. Was merged in 1997with one of the security industries’ largest security switch companies. Patent rights sold in 1998
- Formed company through private venture capital for the design, development, and marketing of one of the nation’s first judicial Video Arraignment systems.
- The last 28 years starting, managing and selling my own businesses. The last 10 years counseling other business owners on business structures, financial planning, and investment advisement.
My wife and I have three grown kids. We are proud that they have all found their own way and are busy with their careers. As for my wife, Helene and I; we work, live and love the Pacific Northwest. It’s a great place to live and play. In addition to our kids, we have raised German Shepherd dogs for the past 10 years to present. They keep us young & active in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.