Selling a Business with the Northwest Iowa (IA) Murphy Business Professionals
Murphy Business is a leading Northwest Iowa (IA) business brokerage in affiliations with National and International Business Brokerage and Merger & Acquisition associations. These connections provide maximum exposure in selling your business yet still ensuring confidentiality.
Our experienced valuation professionals help owners realize the true value of their business to properly establish a suitable marketing plan to help promote the sale. The professionals at Murphy Business know the Northwest Iowa (IA) market and provide you access to the broadest number of qualified buyers.
Because of the attractiveness of the Iowa Great Lakes we continually get inquiries from outsiders exploring the idea of starting or purchasing a business in this area. Northwest Iowa offers many opportunities for prospective business sellers including the following:
- This is a good time for sellers to use the services of a business broker to cash in the sale of their business for several reasons
- Many former Iowans are interested in moving back to Iowa and are looking for a business to purchase
- Many buyers are sitting on substantial savings/IRA’s given the solid economy and are now ready to buy
- Many buyers are attracted to Northwest Iowa because of the Iowa Great Lakes and world-renowned manufacturing plants such as Polaris and Pure Fishing and others, and there are thriving regional hubs such as Spencer, Storm Lake, and Carroll
- A good local business broker who knows the market and specializes in helping sellers of businesses can help sellers confidentially sell their business.
How to Sell a Business
The Murphy’s experienced professionals will be with you each step of the way when answering the daunting questions of “how to sell a business”.
- Prepare a detailed offering portfolio
- Arrange a business valuation
- Develop a marketing plan to sell the business
- Implement the plan and promote to potential buyers
- Negotiate offer to purchase or letter of intent
- Perform Due Diligence
- Finalize Closing through Financing and Funding
Partnering with the Northwest Iowa (IA) Murphy Business Broker
We provide a detailed offering portfolio above the typical one page MLS form. Going above and beyond in information gathering and presentation is just one way Murphy Business exceeds expectations to help provide information for buyers in their due diligence efforts. These efforts often provide smoother sales with speedier transaction times.
In addition, Murphy Business brokers create a customized marketing plan to attract the most suitable qualified buyer. Our local and national connections and associations create a network of thousands of brokers seeking out the correct buyer.
We provide our network of banking professionals to assist the buyer with traditional financing or SBA small business loans. While providing this service we can often minimize the amount of seller financing, if needed.
Murphy Business assists sellers through all the steps of a business sale, even through the closing. Contact your local Northwest Iowa (IA) office today to receive a business valuation.