Selling a Business with the Utah Murphy Business Professionals
Each year 20% of all businesses will change hands in some fashion. Changing investment parameters, retirement, health concerns, or a change in family situations may all cause a business owner to consider the sale of a business interest. And studies have shown that businesses sold using a professional intermediary sell for an average of more than 20% higher price.
A Murphy Business professional can help a business owner to successfully navigate the path to a successful business sale.
- Assess the” sellability” of the business and make the modifications to the business needed to maximize the value
- Prepare a marketing plan and promotional materials to display the business in the best possible light. Pre-negotiate financing scenarios with pre-qualified lenders to minimize financing issues
- Assist the seller in dealing with issues surrounding a sale including dealing with employees, maintaining confidentiality and maintaining ongoing business operations
- Expose the business promotionally, locally as well as nationally, to the maximum number of pre-qualified buyers
- Assist the seller with preparation and delivery of due diligence material for a prospective buyer
- Work with the seller and other professionals to assist the seller to determine the optimal structure for after-tax sales proceeds
Partnering with the Utah Murphy Business Broker
We provide a detailed confidential offering memorandum; rather than a typical one page MLS sheet. Going above and beyond in information gathering and presentation is just one way Murphy Business exceeds expectations to help provide information for buyers in their due diligence efforts. These efforts often provide smoother sales with speedier transaction times.
In addition, Murphy Business brokers create a customized marketing plan to attract the most suitable qualified buyer. Our local and national connections and associations create a network of thousands of brokers seeking out the correct buyer.
We provide our network of banking professionals to assist the buyer with traditional financing or SBA small business loans. While providing this service we can often minimize the amount of seller financing, if needed.
Murphy Business assists sellers through all the steps of a business sale, even through the closing. Contact your local Utah (UT) office today to receive a business valuation.