Dennis retired from Georgia Power Company where he served as a Quality Control Facilitator. Retired from a local petroleum marketer where he served as President and CEO.
Dennis currently provides consulting services in the business community and the economic development areas, also is involved in retail/commercial property development and management.
• As serial entrepreneur Dennis has owned, operated, and started such business ventures has; a) a bait shop, b) a landscaping company, c) retail liquor outlets, d) convenience stores, e) a traveling bar service, f) a specialty wines company, g) a truck stop, h) several money service operations, j) tanning salons, k) bowling center, and l) an independent mail/PMB retail location.
• During his years as an entrepreneur / business owner has built and developed several commercial developments: a) including an office / business park, b) strip center, c) truck stop, e) convenience stores, f) restaurants, and g) retail liquor outlets.
• Treasurer of the Cartersville/Bartow County Joint Development Authority
• Graduate of the Georgia Academy of Economic Development University of
• Georgia training course for development authorities.
• Member of the Money Service Business of Georgia Association
• Member National Business Incubation Association
• Past member of the Georgia Oilman’s Association
• Past member of the Georgia Association of Convenience Stores.
• Chairman of the search committee for the Executive Director of ED.
• Past Interim President of the Cartersville/Bartow Chamber of Commerce.
• Served on the Chamber Board of Directors for 2 years
• The Executive Board of Directors for 4 years as the Chairman of Finance.
• The Chairman for: a) the Buy Bartow Committee, b) Small Business Incubator Committee, c) Small Business Development, d) Annual Cookout Committee.
• Twice been the recipient of the Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Award
• Member of three Search Committees for the Chamber of Commerce President
• Founding member of the Adairsville Business Council.
• Bartow Rotary Club where he served as chair of Public Relations
• Bartow Rotary Club W. Lee Arrendale award winner in 2004.
• Past member of the Cartersville Kiwanis Club
• Past Board of Directors member for Habitat for Humanity
• Past Board member of the Advocates for Bartow’s Children
• Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of the United Way of Bartow County
• Chairman of the Allocation Review Board for 8 years.
• Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Good Neighbor Homeless Shelter
• Member of the Friends of Scouting for the Boy Scouts of America,
• Member of the Kennesaw State University Alumni Association.
• Member of the National HOG (Harley Owners Group)