Finding the ideal business opportunity takes time, hard work, and perseverance. It also requires you to know what you want from a business — a step that many entrepreneurs forget. Even then, you may struggle to find the right business without help from someone who knows the market.
Working with a Murphy Business Broker can make finding the right business opportunity a lot easier. Our brokers take the time to understand your needs, possess an expert understanding of the business sales market, and have access to private business listing networks. We’re also experts at negotiating and closing business transactions, as well as acquiring financing.
Understanding Your Goals & Situation
As an entrepreneur, your ideal business opportunity will depend on your goals, skills, and resources.
When you meet with a Murphy Business Broker, we’ll start by exploring these factors. This way, we’ll understand what you’re looking for in a business. Just as importantly, we’ll know what you bring to the table. We want to match you with an opportunity that you’re passionate about and where you’re well-positioned for success.
To make this a reality, we’ll talk with you in detail about a wide range of considerations:
- Your Short-Term Goals. Where do you see yourself immediately after purchasing your business? What types of challenges are you excited to tackle? Which would you like to avoid?
- Your Long-Term Goals. What’s your ultimate goal as a business owner? At what point do you expect a positive return from your investment? Do you plan to sell the business at a later date or run it for as long as you can?
- Your Ideal Market. What type of living situation do you want for you and your family? How far are you willing to relocate for the right business? Are you looking for opportunities in specific markets?
- Your Skills & Experience. Which aspects of your professional background and skill set will be assets as a business owner? How can you harness your existing strengths? How much work will you put into learning new skills?
- Your Budget & Resources. How much capital can you afford to invest in a business opportunity? How easily will you be able to acquire financing? What other existing resources can you bring to a new business venture?
Based on your answers to these questions, we’ll then conduct a search for your ideal business opportunity.
Finding the Right Business Opportunity
No one understands the market for business sales like an experienced business broker. What’s more, no one is better equipped to navigate this market.
At Murphy Business, our brokers enjoy access to a wide range of business listing networks, including private networks meant exclusively for brokers. At the same time, we have connections to other Murphy Business Brokers. This gives our brokers insider access to major markets in 35+ different states.
In addition to providing you with access to a wider range of business listings, we make it easier to identify and target high-quality listings
Having handled countless business sales and purchases — and having written countless business listings ourselves — we can navigate listings much faster than independent buyers, and we can identify quality listings at a much higher rate of success. This way, you don’t need to waste time going from listing to listing, trying to find the best fit.
Negotiating & Closing the Deal
Finding the perfect business opportunity is a complicated process. But once you’ve found the right opportunity, you still need to negotiate and close the sale itself. And that can be an even more complicated process for buyers.
By hiring a Murphy Business Broker, you’ll have an expert to guide you through these steps. We can assist or represent you in negotiations, help you avoid common pitfalls that occur during this stage, and connect you with qualified legal and financial experts.
Murphy Business Brokers can also help you acquire the financing you need to purchase a business. Our brokers maintain close contact with local lenders in U.S. markets, and we have experience helping buyers acquire both traditional financing and SBA loans.
Searching for the perfect business opportunity? Call (888) 561-3243 today to connect with a Murphy Business Broker and request a free consultation.