Whether you are considering selling your Main Street or Middle Market business, OR a strategic buyer looking to expand your current business through acquisition, OR a potential 1st time buyer looking to fulfill that dream of business ownership, you need the right person representing you. You need a professional, competent and trusted broker that operates with honesty and integrity. One that will navigate and manage all of the complexities required to achieve a successful closing. John Charleston and Murphy Business & Financial Services is the ideal choice for you.
John is a seasoned corporate executive, entrepreneur and REALTOR® with a proven track record of business strategy, marketing management, business development and business acquisition. Below is a summary of his career highlights:
Business Acquisition and Executive Management
- Acquired a 200 employee, commercial cleaning, business services company, touting blue chip customers like The Walt Disney Company, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Orlando Utilities Commission and the Seminole County Government
- As company President was responsible for managing all day to day operations of the business including – P&L, sales, marketing, operations and administration
Marketing, General Management and New Business Innovation
- Strong general management skills developed through 20+ years of various marketing and brand management roles at The Walt Disney Company and at Fortune 100 consumer packaged goods companies, including M&M Mars, Bristol Myers Squibb and Sara Lee
- Managed mature brands and created and launched a new $20MM brand
Licensed Real Estate Investment Professional
- Real estate investor – bought, renovated and resold distressed properties in FL and GA.
- Collaborated with a builder to construct new residential homes in Madison, GA and Commerce, GA
- Licensed REALTOR® in GA – License #390635
Education and Strengths
- MBA – Marketing/General Management, from The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- BS – Marketing, from North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC
- Exceptional business strategy and planning skills, strong analytical skills and a collaborative interpersonal relationship management style